The distribution of the average temperatures in the region presents a constant regularity from the 30°. In temperate latitudes, winters are milder and summers warmer than in North America. Because its most extensive part of the continent is located in the equatorial zone, the region has more areas of equatorial plains than any other region. The distribution of rainfall is related to the regime of winds and air masses. In most of the tropical region east of the Andes, winds blowing from the northeast, east and southeast carry moisture from the Atlantic, causing abundant rainfall.
This fun learning game may answer some of the following questions:
- What environment zones do South America have?
- How many biomes are there in South America?
- What is the abundance of Savannas in South America?
- Where do jungles grows in South America?
- What are the biomes of South America?
- What habitats do South America have?