Oceania is a geographic region comprising Melanesia, Micronesia, Polynesia and Australasia. This game covers the western part of the islands and their regions. Situated in the southeast of the Asia Pacific region, Oceania is the smallest continental grouping in land area and the second smallest in population after Antarctica
. Oceanian islands are of four basic types: continental islands, high islands, coral reefs and uplifted coral platforms. High islands are of volcanic origin, and many contain active volcanoes. Among these are Bougainville, Hawaii, and the Solomon Islands.
This geography learning game may answer the following questions:
Included in the game countries, sovereign states, idependent territories and islands are:
- Which are the Oceania islands?
- Which is the biggest country in Oceania?
- What are the political borders of oceania islands?
- What are the flags of Oceania countries and islands?
- Where is Fiji situated?
- Where аре Solomon Islands situated?
- Where is New Zealand situated?
- Where is Papua New Guinea situated?
2. New Zealand
3. Papua New Guinea
4. Coral Sea Islands (Australia)
6. Marshall Islands
7. Federated States of Micronesia
8. Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
11. New Caledonia (France)
12. Solomon Islands
14. Niue (New Zealand)
15. American Samoa (USA)
16. Tokelau (New Zealand)
17. Wallis and Futuna (France)
18. Western Samoa
20. Guam (USA)
Not included as they are too far to the east:
Cook Islands (New Zealand)
French Polynesia (France)
Wake Island (United States)
Easter Island (Chile)
Hawaii (United States)
Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom)
Norfolk Island (Australia)