Europe lies mainly in the temperate climate zones, being subjected to prevailing westerlies. The climate is milder in comparison to other areas of the same latitude around the globe due to the influence of the Gulf Stream. The Gulf Stream is nicknamed "Europe's central heating", because it makes Europe's climate warmer and wetter than it would otherwise be. The Gulf Stream not only carries warm water to Europe's coast but also warms up the prevailing westerly winds that blow across the continent from the Atlantic Ocean.
Source of Europe map: National Aggregates of Geospatial Data Collection.
This fun learning game may answer some of the following questions:
- What environment zones do Europe have?
- How many biomes are there in Europe?
- What is the abundance of Broadleaf in Europe?
- Where do pine trees grow in Europe?
- What are the biomes of Europe?
- What habitats do Europe have?