The climate of Africa ranges from tropical to subarctic on its highest peaks. Its northern half is primarily desert, or arid, while its central and southern areas contain both savanna plains and dense jungle (rainforest) regions. In between, there is a convergence, where vegetation patterns such as sahel and steppe dominate. Africa is the hottest continent on earth and 60% of the entire land surface consists of drylands and deserts.
Source of Africa map: UN Environment Programme - UNEP.
This fun learning game may answer some of the following questions:
- What environment zones do Africa have?
- How many biomes are there in Africa?
- What is the location of the deserts in Africa?
- Where do jungles grow in Africa?
- What are the biomes of Africa?
- What habitable zones do Africa have?