Our planet is 4.5 billion years old. The first single cell appeared 4.1 billion years ago, the first dinosaur 256 million years ago and the first human 300 000 years ago. The earth will probably exist another 100 billlion years, but it will sustain life in natural environment only 5-6 billion years moro. More than enough for thousands more species to evolve on it. In general the Earth will pass four major stages
according to the Sun. And this game scenario is only according to the Sun. We exlude the possibility that we humans will destroy and polute it about 100 - 200 years from now, and also exclude collisions with other space objects. Here are the four stages:
1. Earth is full of life. Next 3-4 billion years, we will enjoy a good luminosity and heat from the sun, while it is at a Yellow Star stage. If we whack aourselves out, other species will carry on.
2. Water is evaporated. About 5 billion years from now, the Sun will be getting bigger and bigger as the star will going to his natural life as Red Giant. It is now an expanding Orange Star, brighter and hotter. The water on Earth will evaporate leading to the biggest massive extinction the Earth have ever faced. But not all life forms will perish. There is still safe places in the Earth's depths. If humans still live, they will survive.
3. Earth is Engulfed by the Sun. About 10 billion of years from now, at the peak of its Red Giant stage of stellar life, the Sun will be so big that it will probably engulf the whole Earth in its outer layers. There are two possible scenarios now: a) The Earth may survive the infernal period of of Red Giant stage, which lasts for approximately 1 billion years. b) The Earth become so hot, that burn in flames and join the stallar wind. In the second scenario it is end game for humans too.
4. Earth is a cold barren place. 50 billion years from now the Sun will be a small White Dwarf. There will probably be no life in natural environment. But the scary thing is that the Earth may float in space in this stage for another 10 trillion of years! And it may be also caprured by another star and restart life. We on Planeta 42 have this funny idea: when we make a decent amount of games in every category, we wil archive them and place them in a heatproof time capsule and bury it deep in to the Earth. When the new species find it after 2-3 trillions of years they will learn what have been on Earth in a fun interactive way :) :D
This fun educatioanl game may answer the following questuions:
- When will Earth be destroyed?
- What will be Earth 100 million years in the future?
- What will be Earth 1 million years in the future?
- Will the sun engulf the Earth?
- When will the Sun become a white dwarf?